New York Holidays
One of the leading choices for Bespoke Holidays to New York
Whether you are looking to find out more about New York Holiday Packages, New York Hotels or New York Attractions, our ultimate New York Holiday guide for 2017/2018 will stand you in good stead.
Your Guide to New York Holidays 2018
Here you can discover where to go in New York and the best things to see and do. Learn more about Central Park, the Empire State Building, The Statue of Liberty and the Museum of Modern Art by reading on…
With so much to see and do in the Big Apple, it’s important that you know what the top points of interest are. This way we can plan your holiday more effectively together. Enjoy!
Shopping opportunities (or Shoppertunities, if you will) don’t get much better than in New York. The city is literally a shoppers paradise, with a spectrum of shops and stores that will hit your bank hard, if you allow them to.
If, like us, you simply lurrrve to shop, then New York has so much to offer for anyone looking for a bit of retail therapy:
- The height of luxury shopping can be found at Brookfield Place on the Hudson River waterfront. Deluxe brands, such as Diane von Furstenberg and Lulumon, can be found positioned next to the popular food halls; Le District and Hudson Eats.
- If retro bargains are what tickle your fancy, there’s a lot to be said about the Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg. Around a hundred food pop-ups from Smorgasburg pitch up alongside a range of stores selling vintage items, such as art, antiques and jewellery.
- If you’re on holiday in New York City, you can’t forget about Bloomingdale’s of course. Head over to 59th Street and you’ll find one of the most famous retail stores in all of America.
If you’re looking to discover the best places to eat in New York, you’ve come to the right place. See our short food and drink guide below to discover the best places to quench your thirst and fill yourself up:
- If you’re looking for the best food halls in New York, you’ll need to visit Eataly, the Plaza and Gotham West Market. Here you will find top restaurants and bakeries and the opportunity to try craft coffee.
- Black Ant can be found in the East Village, right in the heart of New York City. It’s an up-to-date, Mexican restaurant offering traditional tacos and a long list of cocktails that are sure to satisfy any alcohol urges you have whilst you are away.
- If you’re a fan of fine dining then you won’t need to look far. In Greenwich Village you will find both Blue Hill and 3 Michelin-starred ‘Le Bernadin’, which are two of our top picks for fine dining in New York. Don’t forget to book well in advance to avoid disappointment.
From tasty American pizzas through to home-made bagels and luxurious hot dogs, New York has a little bit of something for everyone. If you’re a real foodie, you can discover food from all over the globe in the city of New York.
New York is sometimes referred to as the concrete jungle; but behind all the hustle and bustle there’s luxury waiting to be seen. Below, we have listed a few of our favourite New York Hotels to help you with your decision making:
- At the 1 Hotel Central Park you can discover a refuge in the middle on Manhattan. This luxury 5 star accommodation is positioned close by to Central Park, meaning you’ll close to nature and right on the doorstep of everything Manhattan has to offer.
- Loews Regency Hotel is a deluxe, elegant, continental style hotel, conveniently located on the fashionable Upper East Side, 2 blocks east of Central Park. This luxury hotel is close to boutiques, antique shops, museums, as well as Madison and Fifth Avenues.
- The Knickerbocker Hotel is another of our favourite luxury New York Hotels. With incredible views and bespoke furnishings, The Knickerbocker is one of the most spectacular hotels in NYC, with a rooftop bar that sets new standards of style and sophistication.
Whether you’re looking for New York City Holidays or New York State Holidays, you’ll find luxury at every turn. Here are some holiday destinations to consider when looking for a luxury break away in New York:
- Manhattan Holidays
- Queens Holidays
- Staten Island Holidays
- Brooklyn Holidays
- Holidays to The Bronx
Art & Culture
There’s lots of cool and unusual things to do in New York. Wherever you go, art and culture can be seen in abundance. With world-famous museums, Art Deco skyscrapers and avant-garde galleries, New York is top of the pile when it comes to art and culture. Here’s our recommendations:
- The Whitney Museum of American Art holds the best contemporary art collections in all of NYC. In the Meatpacking District is where you’ll find it, meaning you can walk The Highline on the same day to kill two birds with one stone.
- If you’re planning on travelling in June, you’ll be able to witness NYC Pride. The annual march runs through the popular Fifth Avenue.
- There are plenty of shows to be seen on Broadway, with classics like The Lion King and Le Miserables almost all year round. Make sure you book tickets well in advance though to avoid disappointment.
- Head to Brooklyn to take a tour of Bushwick or Williamsburg. Whilst there, look out for distinct murals and graffiti, created by famous street artists like Swampy and Buff Monster. In Bushwick, you’ll also be able to see the Buskwick Collective Outdoor Gallery.
Points of Interest in New York
Once you’ve shopped ‘til you’ve dropped, tasted fine dining and experienced the luxury hotels of NYC, there’s still much more that be seen and done when it comes to New York Holidays. We have listed some of the popular points of interest below. See if any of them tickle your fancy:
- Central Park
- Empire State Building
- Statue of Liberty
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Museum of Modern Art
- Rockefeller Center
- American Museum of Natural History
- Top of the Rock
- National September 11 Memorial
- Grand Central Terminal
- Radio City Music Hall
- High Line
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Little Italy
- Madison Square Garden
- Coney Island
- Times Square
- NY Yankee Stadium
- Central Park Zoo
Tailor-Made, Bespoke Holidays to New York
When it comes to American holidays, Discover North America are true specialists, offering advanced expertise and knowledge when it comes to the planning and booking of the very best holidays to America.
Whether you are looking for New York holidays for 2017 or 2018, we can help you to plan the holiday of a lifetime…
Contact us today to start planning possibly the most memorable holiday you will ever have. Once all the prep work has been done, we can book your New York Holiday in 2017/2018 at a time and date that suits you.